STEP UP EFFICIENTLY
About Energy Efficiency
Energy Efficiency (EE) means the rational use of energy, while increasing the comfort of living.
Energy efficiency involves investing in efficient systems and appliances that will lead to greater comfort of living and greater efficiency in business.
Energy Efficiency Facts
- Thermal insulation of 5.2 cm Styrofoam equals to insulation of 248 cm reinforced concrete
- Compared with traditional light bulbs, energy saving light bulbs consume 5 – 6 times less electricity and deliver the same amount of light. Furthermore, energy saving bulbs have up to 10 times longer lifetime
- Solar system with optimal dimensions may provide energy sufficient to ensure 35% – 70% of annual needs for warm running water, and about 30% of energy for space heating
- 10% of the temperature in the room is lost through the floor
- 21% of the temperature in the room is lost through the walls
- 51% of the temperature in the room is lost through the doors and windows
- 6% of the temperature in the room is lost through the floor
- 12% of the temperature in the room is lost through the chimney
Which measures will make your home or business premises energy efficient?
- Improving thermal insulation (roof, outside walls)
- Replacing windows and exterior doors
- Installation of solar systems for water heating
- Replacing old heating systems with new systems using biomass as solid fuels (e.g. wood or pellet)
- Replacing old boilers
- Installation of energy efficient lighting (energy saving light bulbs, LED lighting)
- Replacing agricultural machinery (tractors, irrigation systems)
- Replacing old air-conditioning or other household appliances
- Replacing old stoves
- Improvement of cold storage rooms and refrigerating cabinets
- Organizational measures (turn off the light in the rooms when none is there, do not overheat the room, do not open windows while the heating is on, etc)
The listed energy efficiency measures may be financed from your own funds or with a loan.
Learn more which energy efficiency measures will ensure you the best results and choose the option which suits you best.
What do you gain by application of energy efficiency measures?
- Reduced costs for energy sources and/or reduced electricity costs and long-term financial savings
- Greater comfort
- Increased value of the property (EE houses and flats might have a higher value)
- Modernized production facilities which increase quantity and/or quality of output
- Positive impact on the environment (reduced use of conventional energy sources and/or CO2 emissions).
This campaign has been supported by Green for Growth Fund Technical Assistance Facility (GGF TAF) and the European Union (EU).
About Green for Growth Fund (GGF)
The Green for Growth Fund (GGF) supports projects contributing to energy efficiency and encouraging use of renewable energy sources through funding, improvement of knowledge and the tools to succeed in the market. The fund invests in projects with a minimum target of 20 % reduction in energy use and/or CO2 emissions. The GGF provides refinancing to local institutions for further lending to businesses and households as well as directly in green energy projects and operates in Southeast Europe region including Turkey and in the European Neighbourhood Region, the Middle East and North Africa.